The MAF gas (methylacetylene – allene fraction) is a guarantee of a welding quality and real savings!
The MAF is a liquefied gas, an effective acetylene substitute. It is used by the Ukrainian enterprises for more than 10 years.
The MAF is twice cheaper acetylene. Germany, Canada and the USA have completely abandoned the acetylene usage, and only the MAF gas is used for welding – a new product in the field of welding and metal cutting.
The MAF is stored and transported in standard cylinders and tanks for propane.
The MAF gas advantage over acetylene
- The welding cost reduction in 2-2.5 times (1 bottle of the MAF replaces 4 cylinders of acetylene or 140-160 kg carbide Ca concerning the performed progress)
- Increase in labour productivity (there is no need in an acetylene generator, the time reducing in preparing for welding works)
- Security (the MAF is much safer than acetylene)
- Environmental friendliness (compared with carbide the MAF gas does not affect the environment, unlike calcium carbide, which does not require a sludge recovery)
- Easy-to-use and transportation (the MAF cylinder is 4 times lighter than an acetylene cylinder)
- The transportation standards as for propane (up to 15 cylinders is not a hazardous substance)
- The MAF gas warranty period of storage is 10 years, whereas the acetylene it is 6 months
- Unlike acetylene it has little tendency to a return kick
- Has an effective flame zone temperature close to the acetylene temperature of the flame of (2927о C vs. 3087о C)
Our company offers you the MAF gas supplies, as well as a full range of equipment needed to operate with the MAF gas.
The equipment set and materials for transition to the MAF:
- Propane cylinder 50 l (containers)
- Propane reducer BPO-5
- MAF burner GZU
- Oxygen hose
- Filling wire of Sv08G2S, Sv12GS marks
- The company WITT (Germany) fire isolation valve
The MAF gas is used in the following processes of metals flame machining:
- carbon steel severing and surface gouging;
- non-ferrous metals gas welding and weld deposition;
- soldering and brazing;
- surface flame hardening;
- flame spraying;
- heating the metal for flattening, bending, shaping etc.
The MAF gas is heavier than air, so it is prohibited in the process of work to place a gas cylinder in those areas where there is no possibility due to natural or forced ventilation to prevent the formation of explosive of the MAF gas concentration mixed with air (3,4-10,8% by volume), and also in the basement and basement areas. Comparative properties of the MAF gases, propane and acetylene:
|Flame temperature in a mixture with oxygen, oC||2927||3087||2526|
|Safety, impact sensitivity||Stable||Unstable||Stable|
|Explosive limits in air, %||3,4-10,8||2,2-8,1||2,0-9,5|
|Explosive limit in oxygen||2,5-60||2,3-93||2,4-57|
|Tendency to return kick||Insignificant||Significant||Insignificant|
In connection with the decision of the government of Ukraine of 1994 concerning the energy-saving technologies implementation in the national economy, your decision to use the MAF gas at your company instead of expensive and explosive acetylene will be timely and appropriate.